Latest World News Update
Search
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: Modi’s refusal to back Trump’s Nobel Prize pursuit soured India-US ties: Report – World News Network
Share
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
Made by ThemeRuby using the Foxiz theme. Powered by WordPress
Latest World News Update > Blog > World > Modi’s refusal to back Trump’s Nobel Prize pursuit soured India-US ties: Report – World News Network
World

Modi’s refusal to back Trump’s Nobel Prize pursuit soured India-US ties: Report – World News Network

By worldnewsnetwork Last updated: August 31, 2025 4 Min Read
Share

Washington DC [US], August 31 (ANI): US President Donald Trump during a phone call with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 17 sought his support for the Nobel Peace Prize nomination, on the grounds of ending India-Pakistan hostilities — to which PM Modi refused and brushed off Trump’s claim, maintaining New Delhi’s position that the ceasefire was agreed upon between India and Pakistsn, according to a report in New York Times.
According to the report, PM Modi’s refusal to engage with Donald Trump’s pursuit of the Nobel Peace Prize has played a key role in souring the relationship between the two nations.
Trump, during the phone call with PM Modi, reportedly said how proud he was of ending the military escalation. He mentioned that Pakistan was going to nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize, an honour for which he had been openly campaigning. PM Modi told Trump that the US’ involvement had nothing to do with the recent cease-fire. It had been settled directly between India and Pakistan, the report said.
Weeks after the calls, the US announced 25 per cent reciprocal tariffs on India and levied an additional 25 per cent penalty for New Delhi’s purchase of discounted oil from Russia, bringing the total to a staggering 50 per cent.
According to The New York Times, the report, written by Mujib Mashal, Tyler Pager, and Anupreeta Das, is based on interviews with more than a dozen people from Washington and New Delhi who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
The two leaders have not spoken to each other since the June 17 phone call.
The US President is also likely to skip the Quad Summit in India scheduled for the latter part of the year.
According to the report, during the same call, which lasted 35 minutes, PM Modi also declined an invitation from Trump to visit Washington before returning to New Delhi after the G7 Summit in Canada. The refusal came amid the concern that Trump might “try to force” a handshake between Indian PM and Pakistan’s Army Chief Asim Munir.
A senior India official said that Trump cared very little about the complexity of India-Pakistan relations.
Later on, there was talk of trying to set up another call to finalise a partial trade deal. But with trust between the two leaders eroding, the Indians were wary of putting Modi on the phone with Trump. Indian officials were apprehensive that Trump would post whatever he wanted on Truth Social, regardless of what agreements were made on the call, The New York Times reported, citing a senior Indian official.
Trump, frustrated by the tariff negotiations, reached out to PM Modi several times, according to two people briefed on the discussions who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to discuss the matter publicly.
PM Modi did not respond to those requests, they said.
However, the White House spokesperson has denied that Trump had reached out, as per the report. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]

HOT NEWS

CTA condemns China’s ‘Weapon of Fear’ on International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances – World News Network

In a statement shared on X, the Tibetan government-in-exile said that Chinese authorities routinely detain…

August 31, 2025

APSEZ breaks records: Handles 420 MMT cargo globally, sets new milestones in March 2024 – World News Network

The company announced that it achieved its highest ever monthly cargo volumes, exceeding 38 MMT…

April 1, 2024

Stock market opens on a bullish note: Nifty-Sensex surge – World News Network

Simultaneously, the BSE Sensex followed suit, leaping by 317.27 points or 0.43 per cent, commencing…

April 1, 2024

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Taiwan detects 5 PLA aircraft, 6 PLAN vessels around its territory – World News Network

Taiwan recorded the presence of five PLA aircraft, six PLAN vessels and one official ship operating around its territory on…

World
August 31, 2025

Over 1.6 million people at risk as flood situation worsens in Pakistan’s Sindh – World News Network

Sindh's Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon stated that up to 1.6 million people across 1,657 villages could be affected in…

World
August 31, 2025

Monsoon floods claim 831 lives across Pakistan – World News Network

Pakistan's National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has confirmed 16 new deaths in the last two days, bringing the total death…

World
August 31, 2025

“SCO contributes to shaping fairer, multipolar world order”: Russian President Putin ahead of summit – World News Network

Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) contributes to "shaping a multipolar world order" as it…

World
August 31, 2025
Latest World News Update

Follow US: 

Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?